How might we...
- How might we sustain JwJ given shifts in the 21st Century Labor Movement?
- How Might We align our strategies with the issues working people really care about?
If we ask more questions about what our members are concerned about, we will able to assess values.
Each of us will have 1-on-1s with one person that we know to assess not only their values but what they are concerned about.
1: Many people hold idea that if one thing goes wrong, their economic security falls apart.
2: Many people think that if something goes wrong, it is their own fault rather than the system’s fault.
Clarity around how non-activist people/organic leaders frame their top concerns in their own words.
- Number of times specific issue frames came up.
Failure would be indicated by a complete lack of clarity around how people frame the issues they care about. (Fairly low threshold.)
- Starting with listening brought insights to us.
- Stability, independence and family values were some of the themes.