How might we...
- Base Building: How might we improve our engagement with our members/base to build power?
- How might we have more successful mass meetings in KY?
Mass Mobilizations will engage people directly affected into KFTC leadership pipeline
Meeting with Alicia, Central KY organizers, others as applicable to seed mass meeting experiment related to past Singing for Democracy Events.
GOAL | MEASURE
Possible overarching outcomes:
– educating community to be eligible for voting rights
– Identifying ppl who can be leaders in the voter eng work going forward. Ppl who want to go out and register folks with felonies in their past. Energizing and then actually identifying ppl who want to do this work with us for the year – paid or volunteer.
- Mass meeting can flow with without a lot of direction from Alicia.
- Feels generative to work central KY organizers are doing.
- Builds a life of its own.
- Clear roles on who is holding what and next steps.
- If implemented and done, bringing new people who are directly impacted in and are leading voter reg efforts and canvases into that work then throughout the year.
- Lots of pushback.
- Inability to gain alignment around what is possible and what is needed.
- Unclear delegation leads to no movement on this.