How might we...
- Base Building: How might we improve our engagement with our members/base to build power?
- How might EveryAction help us visualize our leadership ladder of engagement?
Tracking base-building goals in a clear and consistent way will help the organizing team prioritize leadership development as a core metric, and build group accountability.
Creating some internal team systems to better track and encourage base building.
- Deciding what leadership roles TAMN will be recruiting for as part of their election program.
- Create ‘Leadership asks’ activist codes in VAN.
- Training the team on this system.
- Testing out the EveryAction
- Create a ‘container’ that can hold at least 500 people. The three teams!
- People’s forum , Remember in November, Field Team
- Get at least 500 people to sign up for one of the three teams.
- 100% follow up from the mass base bots (DyAnna’s work that is feeding into it)
- Organizers are intentionally owning designing roles for leadership and actively recruiting people to fill those roles.
- Create a visual tracking system so that the organizing team can better visualize their work and have group accountability. → Creating this form in EveryAction.
- Create clear roles and responsibilities for volunteer leaders
- Create smaller leadership opportunities as pathways to bigger ones.
- Leaders are willing to participate in planning and decision making within a clear structure.
- Empower and guide volunteer leads help them become decision-makers.
- Making room for leaders to have expanding and growing roles, rather than a static role.
- Be explicit about how we build decision making into all of our leadership roles, not just execution.
- How can we structure a leadership model where our Leads are also managing up to 5 people?
- How do we scale and still keep that alignment? At what size does scale start to impact quality? Both for the volunteer leaders and as well for organizing staff?
- How can we maintain and develop deeper relationships with leaders when we can’t meet in person?