How might we...
- Governing Power: How might we shift governing power more towards justice?
- How might we create an internal data system that allows us to track supportive voters over time?
- What are the systems needed to build and activate a formal base?
If we engage in deep data analysis of our supportive voter lists, we can make increasingly targeted asks and track IRL/online engagement growth over time.
Conduct a 6 week Organizing Campaign with rigorous online outreach to current email and SMS list of 60,00 Supportive Voters.
This system will help us make more informed asks of our base that yield to higher action rates to support our overall vision.
This will lay groundwork to scale our work to a movement level.
- Develop a series of asks that will go out to our supportive voters . (asks will range from petition, to letter campaign, to legislative/corporate target to donations), to IRL ask. (VS/LA)
- Develop target universe to A/B test asks .(VS/BS)
- Develop an email, SMS, and social media 6 week calendar and content (1-2 communications to go our per week over 6 weeks. (VS)
- ID one anchor who will have an IRL event to funnel digital leads. (LA)
- Co-create experiment and support Anchor IRL follow up with digital leads. (LA/BN
ID content, creative, tech and infrastructure needs. (VS/BS)
- Pinpoint data we want to track and match up with our supportive voter emails and cells. (done)
- Work with PDI and our Data Team to make the data merge happen.
- Take a deep dive into data results – lift top lines and think about implications.
- Schedule internal meeting to discuss results week of March 18, top lines and write all those up.
- Append data points onto email and cell database.
- Use data to develop operation rockstar.
GOAL | MEASURE
- 80,0000 records (80%) that we can match with PDI and digitally organize.
- We’ll have a retrospective from last two election cycles.
- This process is something that we want to repeat on ongoing process to add data on continuous basis.
- Our analysis of our members becomes more nuanced and this motivates continued improvements on data.
- The worlds of digital and organizing are more strategic together in making asks. We can better implement our ladder of engagement.
- Feel amped up and ready to get going. (Brian)
- Feel like I have the data to make more informed decisions around strategy. (Victor)
- From the experiment process, recognizing how much a lift even a small experiment is. The coordination and systems necessary to do this experiment is big. Got insight into what it takes and how we can work together to make it happen.
- Found that most of our folks are vote by mail which is not something we knew before. This will inform our information and messaging that we send to people about voting.
- Age brackets, our email list is younger than our cell phone list. This challenged our assumptions, one new theory is that young voters don’t want to be contacted on their cell phones and may give a burner email.
- We now have baseline assessment of who our people are. Excited to use that to build, could be a basis for other experiments like asking them to do an action.
Not yet, considering it when planning our next voter contact program. This data will inform that thinking.
How might we best leverage this data?
- Language, asks, etc. How do we take these learnings into the next steps.
How might we share this information in the organization as they work on planning?