How might we...
- How might we sustain JwJ given shifts in the 21st Century Labor Movement?
- How might we align and build the internal staff team to maximize JWJs success in building individual membership?
- How Might We align our strategies with the issues working people really care about?
- How Might We engage strategic partners outside of our national staff to maximize JWJs success in building individual membership?
- How Might We launch the membership lab in a way that energizes team members to start practicing with small imperfect experiments?
- How might we support small all volunteer coalitions to raise money and collect dues from individuals?
- How might we test the appetite for building a JwJ club or affiliate of individual members in West Virginia?
If we clarify that the top concerns of everyday people we know is [________________], then we will be able to design experiments that test our ability to relate to people based on this issue(s).
Initial membership lab meeting March 28
Build energetic team culture where lab members have agency over creating innovative experiments that could eventually lead to pilot projects to strengthen JWJs power (organizing people and organized money)
- Level to which each team members engages the first assignment…i.e. If they all complete the first assignment
Failure would be indicated by a complete lack of participation in the initial assigned experiment. (Fairly low threshold.)
In the meeting itself, everyone participated fully–both in the discussion and the note-taking. After various prompts, energy was high. All approved the team charter. And in addition to the planned assignment, one additional experiment came out of it organically from the development department rep.